Easter excitement from Thundersport GB!
Easter Motorcycle Racing at Donington Park has traditionally been one of the highlights of the early racing season, going right back to the heady days of the Trans-Atlantic Match Races.
The 2016 motorcycle racing season kicks off with the Thundersport GB Championship which features a full programme of 38 races over the Sunday/Monday.
The Thundersport GP1 Elite riders are generally acknowledged to be the very best British riders outside of the BSB paddock. This Easter on the fast and flowing Donington Park National Circuit, our regular front runners Curtis Wright, Phil Crowe, Josh Day, Lee Williams, Craig Neve, Shane Pearson,
Jonathan Lodge and Dave Brook are joined by Isle of Man TT winners Gary Johnson and (for the first time at Donington Park) Ryan Farquhar aboard his all-conquering KMR Kawasakis.
Add former double Robert Fearnall Trophy winner John Ingram and TT regular Dan Hegarty plus Irish Superbike Champion Eoghan Delaney into the mix and we have the makings of a couple of scintillating GP1 encounters. With leg one being held on Sunday and leg two on Monday the excitement will span the weekend.
Let’s not forget the supporting cast either, often some of the closest racing is provided by the humble Honda CB500s of the Crank Racing Thundersport 500 Championship and this weekend there is a double grid full house of 80 of these machines all hoping to emulate James Toseland and Leon Haslam by making their names in this ultra-competitive series.
The programme also includes:-
- GB Racing Thundersport 600 Elite series for Supersport machinery.
- Dymag Golden Era Superbikes featuring the beautiful Superbikes of the 1990s.
- Avon Tyres Supertwins and Stocktwins featuring 650cc twin cylinder bikes.
- A&R Racing Pre-National 600s for up and coming talent on Supersport machinery.
- Sparklight Golden Era Supersport for 600cc machinery from the manic days of the 1990s.
- Selco Freshman 600s and Monex GP1 Freshman for newcomers to the Road Race scene.
- Last but not least the Aprilia Challenge which has kick started the careers of Casey Stoner, Chaz Davies, Sam Lowes, Alex Lowes, Cal Crutchlow, Bradley Smith and James Ellison among many others.
So if you want to see the very best of British new talent before anyone else, get yourself to Donington Park this Easter for the Thundersport GB Championship.
For a full timetable of events, please follow this link: http://thundersportgb.com/index.php/downloads/cat_view/5-race-meeting-timetables-garageplans
To take advantage of advance tickets from as little as £5 per day (until 16th March) Please go here:-https://form.jotformeu.com/60693469503361 for Sunday Tickets Or here:- https://form.jotformeu.com/60693569025361 for Monday Tickets.